Has it only been 2 weeks since we arrived? It seems like much more. We're still here in the SIL guest house as we haven't found a house of our own, yet. We thought we had one but were "out bid" at the last minute when someone else (the grapevine said it was a German--go figure) came along with cash in hand which was TOO tempting to the owner. I'm sure it was also for more than we had been promised we needed to pay. Anyway, we had to begin the search again. We've found one but it still needs a bit of work so we will see this week how long that work will take and all.
I wanted to put a few first impressions. The girls say, "It' s different." --Elena; "Really hot!"--Fiona; "I see lizards and gecko's and all animals that we never saw."--Sydney; "It's loud and smelly."--all 3 in unison. I (Kathy) have observed that all 3 are a bit "unexcited" when they leave the compound. They don't like being stared at and Sydney in particular, gets the lion's share of the cheek tweaking and hair stroking. She even had her hand kissed today! That's what ya get for being cute. Roger and I have our own observations as well. I can't believe the number of motorcycles! They swarm on the roads like bees. I don't think I could drive here. It looks too scary! Roger, on the other hand is enjoying that part and has even driven our colleague's car a bit. We'll see. I just don't want to be responsible for someone's death, even if they did pull out in front of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment