
Now I've seen 'em all. I've spotted the first Statue of Liberty in the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris. I've seen THE ONE on Liberty Island in New York Harbor. I've also noticed the miniature one in LaCrosse, KS (the one with the lightbulb). And today I was privileged to encounter her again, at a busy intersection in Lomé. What an experience!
Lady Liberty was in the company of the Great Judge himself. She was radiant (or was it just the afternoon sun?), and seemed larger than life. Unfortunately, that can't be said about her companion today. I had the impression that some people did think little of him. What a shame, since encountering the real guy can be such a liberating experience.
Let me be honest, it was a bit disturbing to see the two of them today, having to sell themselves off. It's a sad day when Liberty and Justice fall prey to commerce and traffic.
No comments:
Post a Comment