The Stolls

The Stolls

Monday, 9 February 2009

I've turned...40!

I had a great birthday! It was fun to read all the memories and birthday wishes from friends and family either on a Birthday blog Roger set up, on Facebook or in emails. I am blessed by so many friends and a family who love me.

Roger and the girls embarrassed me the night before my birthday when we went to our weekly Bible Study. Elena and I were left to search for something in the car while Roger got everyone fitted with “Kathy” masks and told them to imitate me by saying things like: “Shut up, dogs!” “Sydney, did you brush your teeth this morning?” “I really dislike sweating” “Roger, don’t encourage the kids” and “That dumb internet”. Of course, those are entirely made up, I never say such things.

The next morning I was awakened by Roger and the girls singing Happy Birthday. I went into the decorated living room and found presents. I got, among other things, a pink iPod shuffle. The girls were impressed that I was 40 years old and this was the first mp3 player I’ve owned. I guess they don’t realize that kind of thing wasn’t around when I was their ages!

We had a lazy day—Roger was not feeling real well and Fiona also began feeling bad—and we just had fun hanging out. In the evening we went to our pizza place that has sort of become our “party restaurant”.

We were to go to Ghana, but because Fiona came down with the tummy thing, and Roger still wasn’t well, we decided to wait and hopefully go this next weekend. Ghana is like pretending we are in the “West”. They have a mall and cinema (I had even washed our jackets, which we haven’t worn here, to wear in the air conditioned cinema!). We’ll see.

Thanks to all of you who helped to make my birthday so special. I am truly blessed!

Love,
Kathy

PS Sorry this is so late being posted, but our Internet connection (okay, that “Kathy-ism” was true) doesn’t even work well enough lately to post writing, let alone photos. I just have to wait until I can do it.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to join all others Congratulating you for the this mile stone! I have passed the mark and so far survived quite well! :-)

    I hope and pray that you will have another blessed 40 years to come!

    Svante

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kathy,
    we don't know about your 40th birthday. We wish you all the best and god bless you.

    Love, Birgit and the rest of the family

    ReplyDelete