The Stolls

The Stolls

Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Just a few things

For those of you who look at this blog and wonder why there hasn't been a new post in a while, I'll tell you. We just haven't gotten round to putting anything on here. Actually, I often think of things to put and want to add photos and all but the slow to non-existent internet takes all the joy out of it. Then I decide not to write anything because what fun is it to read a post without photos?

Anyway, there are a few things going on we'd like you to know about. The first one is that Roger's sister is coming tomorrow. To say we are excited would be an understatement, then again, I don't know another word, so it'll have to do. The girls have been counting down the days and Roger and I aren't far behind. I have a feeling she's a bit overwhelmed as we have loaded her with things to bring. She wrote yesterday that she has 3 pcs of luggage (and only 1 is hers)! The girls think Helga is pretty wonderful and we're thankful that she likes to visit us, but I believe part of the attraction this trip is that she is the first family to come here. I'm sure there will be another entry (with photos) soon, documenting her arrival.

The second thing I wanted to write about is that we are going to have to move. Actually, if you've kept up with us from the beginning, you'll know that the house we are in was only available for about a year. Guess what? That year (well, almost a year) is almost over. We got our notice that we need to be out by the end of May. We need to start looking for a house, soon. Please pray with us that we find the best house for our needs. We'd like one with a yard (you'd be amazed at how little yard many houses have), enough rooms to have a classroom AND a guest room, and in a good location. I'm sure God knows what we need and has it all worked out, all we have to do is follow Him to it. He brought us to this one and we have liked it here, now we need to find this other one. (Oh, one last requirement, it needs to be in an area where they don't mind dogs barking ALL the time.)

Thanks for your interest in all that we are doing here. And for those of you who pray for us, another BIG thank you!

3 comments:

  1. And with these all-the-time-barking-dogs you wonder why visitors are rare... (c:

    by the way, how is the weather in Togo around
    xmas? and what is the most inexpensive way to get there?

    love,
    wolfgang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wollfy, you are so right! We know that nobody loves us, but now we can at least blame it on the dogs. ;-)

    December is usually hot and no rain. We also had some days of desert wind (makes cooler but very dusty). As far as getting here. I don't know details. I'll ask my sister tomorrow when she arrives. She flies AirFrance. Check out Royal Air Maroc. They are supposedly the cheapest airline directly into Lome. Flying to Accra, in neighboring Ghana is also an (usually cheaper) option. You see, I give you this information, because we really want you to come.
    Check it out, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hui Wäller to the Stoll`s,
    have a nice time with Helga.

    Love
    Birgt

    ReplyDelete