The Stolls

The Stolls

Saturday, 4 April 2009

Get them while they're there!!!

What is the difference between being greedy and stocking up? It's actually a fine line that we walk periodically here in Togo. You see, every half year or so, one or two of our supermarkets get a container of American goods. This time, they had loads of things like Dr. Pepper and Ginger Ale...and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!!!!! We stocked up on it. I mean, this is a comfort food we really miss here. Since it is so expensive for packages to be sent, and we never know for sure if they will actually arrive anyway, we don't get much of this kind of thing. We saw it Saturday at the store and bought some. It was tempting to buy them all; however, we didn't want to cross that line between greed and stocking up, so we stopped at 16 boxes. We didn't want to be greedy. Elena is still worried that we were greedy. I doubt it because the next time we go there, it'll all be gone. Besides, we didn't buy a whole case like we could've--one sat there by the door ready to be put on the shelf!

1 comment:

  1. I must say you are better than me- I would have bought the whole carton. I walk the hoarding/greed line a lot...I just want to make sure I have something if I need it. But it's a good reminder from Elena to not be greedy!

    ReplyDelete