The Stolls

The Stolls

Thursday, 14 August 2008

African Cook

I'm so proud of myself! Today I started a charcoal fire and cooked the dog food, and most of our supper on it. It's VERY hard to find gas for our bottles (and when we find it, it's very expensive) and we had to find another way to cook. Yesterday Meme, the lady who works for us, bought a charcoal cooker and charcoal. She doesn't work on Thursdays, so I tried it myself. Believe it or not, I did it!! I got the thing lit and began cooking. The fact that the entire house smells like charcoal--which I can't stand--doesn't matter, I saved gas. We don't have a real "outside kitchen" and I thought our little "porch" thingy was enough. I need to find a place MUCH further from the house next time. Anyway, I'm proud of myself that I've become a good African cook today. Just have to get rid of this terrible charcoal smell!

1 comment:

  1. Well is it any different than the BBQ and you have enough experience of that - don't you?
    Good job ;)

    ReplyDelete