
Well, I officially feel old. Last weekend, we got to see one of my former students and her BABY--and her husband, of course. Mari was one of my students in 2nd and 3rd grades at Rethy, Zaire. She has grown up and, along with her husband, wants to come to West Africa to work with a radio mission. They were in Ghana last weekend getting to know some of the people they will work with and we got to see them. It all started earlier in the week when her father wrote and told us
they would be coming. He knew we were in the neighboring country and thought we might like to know. As Roger's school hadn't started--yes, it was put off yet again--we decided to go for a quick trip.It was really lovely to see Mari and Alex and their cute daughter Adalyn. Thanks to Facebook, I can keep up with many of my former students, but she is the only one I've actually met with a child. I am thankful that I got to be a small part of the lives of these people and to see many of them as lovely Christian adults is, well, awesome. It also makes me see the need to pray for my own children and to try to raise them to know Christ.
I'm thankful I got to see Mari and her little Adalyn (and Alex, too, who was, by the way, a student at one of our radio courses while we were still in the UK, shortly before they got married and we left for France) and look forward to having them as "neighbors" in Ghana.
By the way, the girls thought Adalyn was great. They all wanted to hold her. However,
the poor thing was uncomfortable with heat rash and sweaty all the time so didn't like getting far from the fan. (I can totally relate!)
No comments:
Post a Comment