The Stolls

The Stolls

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

What's up in Togo

I was inspired to write a bit of something to let everyone know we are still here and what's up. I have thought about writing but just haven't had the energy lately. Last time we wrote about Roger's colleague who had the fall with the motorcycle. Well, he finally went to the Dr. and found out his foot is broken. Since he walked round on it for about 5 days, it was too swollen to put in plaster last Friday so it will all take a bit longer. Anyway, that has meant that Roger has had to teach Adama's class this week. It would've been easier had he been prepared for the class but he wasn't. As a matter of fact, he has been preparing the day before all week (or waking in the wee hours and preparing). It's been a bit stressful as it has meant that, apart from the ladies who cook and clean, Roger is the only one there for everything. Hopefully, it'll be a bit easier next week--on the training side of things, that is.

On the homefront, next week will be even more hectic. We need to have everything packed by Wed. morning as the man with a big truck/lorry will come and move our things. Fortunately, this man comes with his own "muscle" so we don't have to help load the thing! It was looking like the girls and I would have to do all the moving on our own, but Roger is pretty sure he can swing it to be here that day. I'm pretty tired lately as well, as packing is tiring (tho we don't have that much stuff). Unfortunately, since Roger is swamped with work, I'm pretty much on my own. The girls have helped some, but for the most part, just hang around asking what they should do now that they have packed all their toys. (Actually, I told them to keep out a few things they wanted to play with until after we moved. They all complied, but Sydney--now 3 days later--has decided she doesn't want to play with these toys and is bored because she has "nothing to do". Too bad!)

It'll be nice to be moved. We still don't have much furniture--tho our bed has arrived, but we still have no matterss for it. I guess we'll be living out of Action Packers for a while, still. However, soon after we move, we plan on having a/c's put in a few rooms!!! That will be great. I was packing stuff today and sweating into the box at the same time. It's been extra hot lately, and when the electricity is off, it's worse.

Well, this is again a long entry. Roger tells me he "likes shorter entries", but, oh well... I'll put another photo on here. This one is of our friend the Blue-brested Kingfisher. He is the mascot of our newly named "school"--Kingfisher Elementary. (By the way, I just realized he hasn't been around since our trees got blown over last month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment